Your privacy is important to us.
Who are we?
We are Careers4Change, a specialist recruitment consultancy placing candidates on a permanent, fixed term contract and interim basis in social impact roles, including in social investment firms, social fund managers, social banks, trusts and foundations, charities and social enterprises, as well as commercial companies with an authentic social change agenda.
Candidates: applicants for any jobs whose personal data is collected in the course of our services
Client contacts: individuals who work for the client organisations whose personal data is collected in the course of our work with them
Referees: referees of candidates whose personal data is collected in the course of the verification of a candidate
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
What’s the point of this privacy notice?
At Careers4Change your right to privacy and our treatment of your personal data is very important.
The following statement outlines how Careers4Change manages personal data that it holds about individuals in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, who we share it with, how long we keep it and how you can access and rectify it.
Might the Privacy Notice Change?
How do you get hold of us and our Data Protection Officer?
You can contact us for any data related enquiry please contact us using the details below:
T: 07791 959 355
What personal or other data do we collect?
We will collect and handle the different kinds of personal data that correspond to the category of individual which applies to you below:
Candidates: The personal data we collect may include:
- Identity Data: name, date of birth, nationality, residency and citizenship
- Contact Data: address, email address, telephone number
- Historical data: educational history, employment history, skills & qualifications included on your CV
- Employment-related Data: current remuneration, pension and benefits
- Diversity Data: this might include possible disabilities, gender, ethnic group, religion or belief
- Verification Data: sourced through referees
Client contacts & Referees:
- Identity Data
- Contact Data
How do we collect your data?
1) We generally collect your personal data from you:
- You may give us information about you by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- You provide information when you register with Careers4Change
- You generally submit information to us including your CV for job application purposes
2) We also collect your data through third party channels:
- Your referees to obtain the opinion of others about work performance
- Your past educators to check qualifications
- Your past employers for work experience verification
- Any professional bodies you have been engaged with
- Psychometric testing agencies
We will obtain your consent to contact third parties to collect this type of personal data
- Third party suppliers, including specialist Jobs Boards and job aggregators
3) Data collection through publicly available sources:
Careers4Change has a presence on social media and may process information which is collected from social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. We will, of course, request your permission before submitting these details to a third party. Please note that providers of social media platforms have their own privacy policies and Careers4Change does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
How do we use your personal data?
Candidates: Your personal data will be collected by Careers4Change:
- to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services
- to facilitate the recruitment process, including enabling you to submit your CV for general applications and submitting your CV for specific jobs
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you
- to send your data to clients in order to apply for jobs.
We will not send your CV to clients without your permission. We will always contact you first before sending your CV and any other information to clients. We do not send your CV to any other third party nor will we in any circumstances without your permission
- for diversity monitoring purposes
- to provide you with further information about the employment market and
Client contacts: we will use your data to pursue and maintain our relationship with your employer
Referees: We will use your details for the verification of Candidates
Who do we share your personal data with and what are the legal grounds for our collection, handling, use and sharing of your data?
Legitimate interest – we believe that it is reasonable to expect that if you are looking for employment you accept that we will collect and use your personal data to deliver our recruitment services to you. This includes sharing the information with prospective employers and assessing your skills against the competencies required for the job we are proposing you for. It is also reasonable to assume that in the case of a potential employer interested in engaging you, before they sign contracts they are likely to check references and qualifications. We also expect that you will wish to continue the relationship with our organisation on an ongoing basis in case of future opportunities which will mean holding your data for a number of years, within the confines of the periods of time laid down in this policy, or until you inform us otherwise.
How do we protect personal data?
Careers4Change holds your personal data in a secure computer storage facility and has security procedures in place to protect your personal data including locks, security systems, encryption and computer passwords.
How long do we hold your personal data for?
Careers4Change will keep your data no longer than four years and will dispose of your personal data when it is no longer required, or if you ask for it to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure. Any personal data we hold on you will be securely destroyed after four years of inactivity. Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Careers4Change takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Careers4Change may contact you from time to time to check that the data is still correct.
Careers4Change does not store or transfer your personal data outside of the UK.
What are your legal rights regarding your personal data that we handle?
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
Reporting data breach
Under the GDPR guidelines we must report a data breach within 72 hours after becoming aware of the breach, unless the breach itself is low risk. This is to be reported to the supervisory authority which would be the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Register of Data Controllers under number ZA395664