We only recruit into social impact roles where the objective of the organisation is to catalyse transformative change for the benefit of people and planet.
- We have a deep understanding of both the commercial sector and the impact finance ecosystem. Our expertise in recruitment and search comes from both in-house and agency experience, with exposure to the corporate sector as well as mission-driven social entrepreneurship.
- Our consultants have an innate ability to identify candidates with the appropriate skill sets and true passion for social change.
- We offer a bespoke consultative service, spending time to fully understand the business and culture of our clients, as well as the characteristics of its leaders.
- Our people follow a rigorous recruitment road map. We offer a well-defined end-to-end recruitment process which has been instrumental in developing a successful track record of important appointments across the impact finance ecosystem.
- We have developed an extensive network of collaborators both within the social economy and beyond, with great connectivity to pioneering and active change makers and social ‘actors’ across the sector who share our job opportunities.
- We have an acute awareness and understanding of the importance of responsible leadership and the need to galvanise employees into action through effective management and a relatable purpose-driven mandate.
Responsible Leadership in the Contemporary Context:
In a world where instances of autocratic leadership, and self-serving management are rampant, organisations committed to genuine social impact and sustainability must diverge fundamentally in their leadership approach. Leaders in this arena must embody high emotional intelligence, drive change through collective collaboration, inclusive practice, and meaningful dialogue, ensuring that engagement permeates through various stakeholders, not just shareholders. Careers4Change stands poised to identify, cultivate, and place such transformative leaders.
A truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment transcends mere representation; it fosters an ecosystem where varied perspectives are not only welcomed but integral. As we navigate through evolving global landscapes, our commitment to JEDI will remain absolute, serving as the foundation upon which our practices, strategies, and interactions are built. We invite all stakeholders to join us on this journey, working collaboratively towards a future where every individual is valued, heard, and empowered.
Commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI)
Here, at Careers4Change, we are champions of JEDI; Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, supporting a comprehensive approach to fostering workplaces and communities that are fair, inclusive, and respectful. We feel it is important to highlight the significance of diverse representation and inclusiveness but also reiterate the necessity for justice and fairness in processes, decisions, and opportunities.
In our interconnected global context, fuelled by a profound awareness raised by movements like Black Lives Matter and stark disparities unveiled during the pandemic, we must continuously analyse and enhance our strategies towards Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
For impact finance organisations poised to ignite social change, nurturing a diverse, resilient, and innovative workforce is pivotal. Beyond just equality of opportunity across all demographics – including gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability and neurodivergence – it’s about empowering every individual to bring forth their unique perspectives, thereby enriching the collective decision-making process, seeding innovative ideas, and fortifying risk management.
Strategic Incorporation of JEDI in Recruitment Processes:
- Inclusive Culture: Champion an inclusive culture by recognising and valuing the wide spectrum of diversity across the organisation.
- Celebration of Diversity: Proactively celebrate and honour different cultural, religious, and experiential backgrounds within the workforce to enhance organisational unity and respect.
- Unconscious Bias Training: Implement robust training programmes targeting Line Managers and all employees, focused on understanding and mitigating unconscious bias in all its forms.
- Transparent JEDI Commitment: Communicate the organisation’s commitment to JEDI through all recruitment channels, including Job Ads and Descriptions.
- Anonymising Recruitment: Adopt anonymised recruitment processes where names and educational establishments are omitted from CVs to minimise bias and ensure merit-based selection.
Careers4Change recruits into a variety of impact finance and social impact roles, both leadership and middle management positions, within the following disciplines:
- Investor Relations
- Financial Management
- Programme Management
- HR & Talent Acquisition
- Communications & Marketing
- Media & PR