- Job Title: Technology Project Manager
- Salary: £40,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Contract: Permanent
?????This is an exciting opportunity to lead on the design and delivery of technology projects at Fair Finance, the ‘alternative lender of the year’. However, this role is not only about project managing technical projects but also being part of the driving force behind the development of the organisation’s affordable lending product, taking Fair Finance to the next level in the marketplace. This is a unique opportunity to join a small and dynamic social business with big ambitions.
About Fair Finance
Fair Finance’s vision is to build a fairer finance system that is more inclusive and fair. We do this by designing and delivering financial services that improve the financial wellbeing of our customers. We have a plan to scale a fairer alternative to high cost lenders across the UK.
Fair Finance has been awarded a Big Society Award by the Prime Minister, the Alternative Lender of Year Award from Credit Today and the Citi Micro-entrepreneurship Growth Award. Fair Finance’s founder Faisel Rahman has been honoured with an OBE for services to Community Finance.
About the role
We are looking for a brilliant Technology Project Manager to joins us on our mission. As a key part of the management team, you will be the interface between clients, systems users and various subject matter experts, and will lead on the design and delivery of technology projects. You will be equally at home with complex projects and senior stakeholder management, understanding end-users, and communicating effectively with IT engineering teams.
The role involves project managing technical projects that make an impact either from client or internal user perspective, both for web/online and off line channels. Typical projects could include anything from rolling out a whole new system that dramatically improves our online UX to delivering small improvements on existing systems to improve productivity for internal users. The role is incredibly varied due to Fair Finance being a growing SME with ever changing needs and priorities.
Change / Project Management
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to identify technology needs, assessing internal users and client “pain points”. Oversee our continuous improvement process.
- Plan, scope and manage the implementation of technology enhancements that range in size, cost and impact
- Project manage system upgrades, enhancements and (where necessary) system replacements
- Employ a structured project management approach to scope, plan, design, test and implement technology changes in a controlled manner
- Work with end-users, and systems providers, to develop and implement adequate training when deploying technology changes
- Plan, scope and deliver IT strategy for the whole business
- Manage contracts and relationships with key external IT suppliers and vendors
- Monitor budget and spending and work with the Finance team to forecast and oversee departmental annual budget
- Line management of technical analyst and, where required, project staff – including prioritisation of workload, performance monitoring and support
- Work with technical analyst to support the resolution of technical issues
Digital / Web Management
- Manage relationship with our digital marketing and web-design agency: plan out their work, monitor its effectiveness and look for new ways to improve value for Fair Finance
- Lead on improving the digital experience for our customers through identifying and executing changes to relevant systems (website, CRM, etc.), working with the technical analyst and/or suppliers to execute changes
- Manage relationship with external lending platforms and brokers with which Fair Finance works.
You are an experienced project manager within a technical or digital environment. You may be a management or change consultant wanting to make the jump to a social business or a product manager with strong project management and technical skills. You are excited by new ideas but also have the rigour to see things through and implement your ideas. You will have a mix of business and technology skills and will be excited to use these to drive positive social outcomes within a social business.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience and can demonstrate that you have successfully led and delivered technology projects (either in-house or as consultant)
- Commercially focused, understanding the balance between meeting client expectations and delivering within agreed budgets and timescales.
- You thrive in an environment with uncertainty and rapid change
- Excellent communicator and motivator, able to get the best out of teams through skillful interaction and proactive team-building around the goals of each project.
- You have good problem-solving skills and are able to manage risks and issues, proactively and creatively, to ensure project delivery is not compromised.
- You are a team player and will be committed to building and developing Fair Finance initiatives
- Ideally, you have experience of working in a start-up, SME or financial services environment
- Ideally, you have experience in web and digital marketing projects
- Ideally, you will have experience in managing teams
If you want to work in a talented team and be a part of a company that values their people, then please get in touch by submitting your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closes to applicants: Thu 1 Jan 1970
Long List to be sent to client: Thu 1 Jan 1970
Short List selected: Thu 1 Jan 1970
Interviews begin: Thu 1 Jan 1970
Where a Cover Letter is requested this should align your skill sets with the criteria laid out in this Job Description, as well as underline your motivation for wanting to join the organisation.