- Job Title: Head of HR
- Location: Hybrid working with 3 days in the office per week, some flexibility offered
- Reporting To: Chief Finance Officer, and working closely with CEO
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract: Permanent
Fair Finance is a social business with ambitious plans to revolutionise financial services to give everyone a Fair chance. Our vision is to scale our alternative to the high-cost lending market and help reduce financial exclusion across the UK.
Over the last fifteen years Fair Finance has helped over a hundred thousand people escape the clutches of high cost money lenders, start businesses or avoid eviction. Our work has helped influence Government policy and legislation, as well demonstrate how purpose and profit can work together to change the financial system for the better.
The last few years of the pandemic and the Cost-of-Living crisis have really highlighted the importance of our work, and as such we are embarking on an ambitious program of growth and expansion to meet the challenges facing some of the poorest and most excluded in the coming years.
We know this growth will see an increase in our team, management structure and change the way we work. Before we start this growth journey, we want to recruit a Head of HR who can help shape our people strategy, build a team and plan for growth.
About the role
We are looking for a driven and capable HR Professional with proven strong recruitment and leadership skills, to provide the full range of HR support from an operational and strategic perspective to an employee group of approximately 40.
Reporting to the CFO and working closely with the CEO, this is a standalone HR role responsible for owning, coordinating, and implementing all operational HR activities associated with the employee lifecycle including but not limited to: recruitment, employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, communications, training and development and policy adherence matters.
You will work closely with all of the Executive Team and be a key part of the team in planning our growth and expansion plans.
The role will suit someone who wants to be part of an impactful and fast moving social business that is preparing to grow rapidly. It will also suit you if you are a people person who values the human engagement of the role and is keen on working in a values driven organisation with a strong company culture focused on staff wellbeing and development, encouraging a collaborative team environment and a compelling place to work.
Why work for Fair Finance
- We believe in employing, growing and building around exceptional people who share our values
- We will give you the environment where you can genuinely put clients before profits and make a difference in our clients’ lives.
- We will provide you with a supportive workplace surrounded by peers who want you to do well, with responsibility to make a real difference in the organisation and the opportunity to thrive and make the role your own.
- We are a diverse organisation full of people who understand the balance between achieving business objectives and our social mission.
- Our Head Office is in a shared workspace in Dalston, housing more than 300 creative businesses, social enterprises and charities.
- Hybrid working and work practice flexibility is offered.
- Your annual holiday entitlement will be 25 days in addition to public holidays.
- A day off for your birthday.
- Private Health Care.
- 3% matching contribution towards a stakeholder pension.
Chief Finance Officer, and working closely with CEO
Hybrid working with 3 days in the office per week, some flexibility offered