- Job Title: Head of Fundraising and Marketing
- Salary: £50,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Contract: Permanent
Job title: Head of Fundraising and Marketing
Reporting To: CEO
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Date closes: 30th March 2022
The Head of Fundraising and Marketing is a pivotal role working in collaboration with the CEO to help take Oracle Cancer Trust’s new mission and strategy forward. This is a new role in that it combines fundraising and marketing oversight in a growing and ambitious team.
Oracle Cancer Trust is a small, dynamic charity working to ensure that the medical community, patients and families get as much support as possible to beat the odds in Head & Neck cancer. We have successfully navigated the pandemic and have a new CEO, an engaged Board of Trustees and a strongly committed community from whom we get great support and guidance. Oracle has recently completed a strategic market review which included discussions and input from all our key stakeholder communities and from which we have developed an updated mission and strategy.
The ethos and values of Oracle Cancer Trust are that we all work as a team, that we share a common purpose and that each team member feels a strong sense of belonging, significance, and space for creativity. As a small team of 4 we strive to be known as highly skilled, highly professional and delivering amazing things in amazing ways.
The Head of Fundraising and Marketing at Oracle Cancer Trust is a key leadership role.
This role will be pivotal in helping Oracle
- Operate fundraising in a progressive, forward-thinking way by leading on the creation and delivery of our fundraising strategy,
- Grow awareness across our target audiences through design and execution of marketing messages, activities, and campaigns, including familiarity with and passion for social media,
- Proactively and successfully opening and developing key donor (individual, corporate and trust & foundation) relationships, and
- Achieve and exceed funding targets through proactive and highly successful fundraising activities.
Skills and Experience:
- We are looking for someone to join us full time or 4 days a week in this role. You will already have experience in fundraising and marketing but may want a new challenge and/or to take on a new role where you can make a real difference. This is an exciting time for Oracle Cancer Trust and you can both make a real difference and there is potential for the role to grow.
- The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of fundraising experience and 1-2 years marketing experience.
- We want someone who loves reaching out to people and developing relationships; enjoys putting together pitches and grant applications; gets a kick out of being ahead of the curve on fundraising and marketing approaches and practices; is highly driven by achieving targets and delivering on plans and is a real team player.
- We also want someone who cares about our mission and wants to play a key role in ensuring that the medical community, patients and families get as much support as possible to beat the odds in Head & Neck cancer.
We are forward looking, ambitious and caring. This isn’t a work hard, play hard environment; we want to achieve great things, make tangible impact and enjoy what we are doing and how we are doing it.
Oracle Cancer Trust was founded in 2000 by Mr Peter Rhys Evans, an ENT/ Head & Neck Surgeon, to help address some of the medical research and delivery gaps facing Head & Neck cancers in the UK. Over the last 20 years Oracle has been a primary UK funder of early-stage medical research in Head & Neck cancer treatment. The charity has supported over 50 research programmes and provided over £7million in funding towards better outcomes and more advanced treatment approaches in this area of cancer. Our research has been in collaboration with some of the UK’s leading scientific research institutions including The Institute of Cancer Research, Bart’s/Queen Mary’s University, Newcastle University, The Royal Marsden Hospital, and Brunel University.
We are also members of the Association of Medical Research Charities (AMCR) which is our badge of quality. Membership means that we meet high standards of research governance and as a funder we punch above our weight.
Our focus today
Today Oracle continues to build on its strong foundation with a 3-pronged focus on:
- Increasing awareness of Head & Neck cancers in the wider community
- Addressing delivery gaps within the Head & Neck cancer centres and delivery teams
- Promoting discovery of better treatments through research grants.
We know that early diagnosis has a direct correlation to more positive outcomes in cancer. However, lack of awareness, socioeconomic barriers and deprivation are all contributing to delayed diagnosis. COVID-19 has widened these gaps even further and the NHS is struggling to respond, leaving many communities behind. Oracle is actively engaging with key Head & Neck multi-disciplinary teams across the UK to understand how best to tackle these inequalities and there are some very tangible projects that are simply not happening due to lack of funding.
Our objectives for 2022 include:
- Increasing our impact across awareness raising, medical team firefighting and advances in treatment approaches.
- Launching two major campaigns: Bringing Medical Research to Life & Addressing Inequality in Head & Neck Cancers
- Continuing to develop relationships with individuals, major donors, corporates and trusts & foundations.
- Increasing our annual income target with strong cash position that allows us to initiate call for new research projects to fund (Currently 10 live research projects).
- Developing solid working relationships and collaboration with national Head & Neck Cancer medical community (all large UK H&N Cancer centres).
- Helping set up a UK Head & Neck Cancer Coalition that promotes collaboration across UK Head & Neck Cancer Charities, Industry Partners (eg. Pharma) and BAHNO.
- Continuing to deliver above and beyond with our small but high calibre team