- Job Title: Head of Credit Risk & Portfolio Management
- Salary: £65,000 - £65,000 per annum
- Contract: Permanent
Job Title Head of Credit Risk and Portfolio Management
Salary circa £65,000 per annum
About the role
Reporting to our Director of Investments this role plays an important part in leading the portfolio management of SIB’s existing circa £50m loan book to charities and social enterprises. The role also oversees the assessment and sanctioning of new lending.
We are looking for someone who has substantial experience of working within a lending environment and who has worked in a credit and risk approvals function or held their own delegated approval authorities. Knowledge of the charity and social enterprise sectors would be desirable or a passion to apply your technical credit risk skills to the sector.
- To track and monitor the performance of the loan book and frequently review portfolio risk tier allocations
- To collect and analyse historical loan book data to develop/maintain risk score cards
- To own credit risk/lending policies and ensure they are adhered to
- To write and present portfolio overviews to Investment committees/Audit and finance committees
- To approve amendments to or release of security and variations to existing facilities
- To review, help shape and support loan recommendations going to Investment Committees or approve new loans within delegated discretion
- To sign off facility letters, security and draw downs for new loans
- To oversee early identification of loans giving cause for concern, and work closely with the Support and Recovery team to address issues, including the transfer of relationships to them when appropriate.
- To line manage a team of Relationship Managers and challenge/support them on analysis or approach to individual loan cases
- To influence key external partners and internal stakeholders
- To work within the organisation's processes and procedures required to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Contribute to the knowledge management, equality, diversity and inclusion and learning priorities in SIB’s strategy and support the implementation and delivery of the strategy.
- In agreement with manager to undertake other tasks that support Social Investment Business’ objectives as required.
- To work in accordance with our five core values.
- Credit and Risk – significant experience of working within a credit and risk approvals function or holding delegated lending authorities.
- Types of lending – experience of analysing and approving both secured and unsecured lending to businesses across a broad range of industries
- Portfolio management – familiarity with overseeing and managing a loan portfolio
- Commercial awareness and numeracy skills – ability to talk to businesses, understand the strength of their business models, and how this is reflected in their financial numbers. Strong attention to detail – able to review detailed information and pick out key details.
- Problem solving – can spot problems and assess why problems occur. Adaptability and flexibility to changing needs and ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Communication – strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the confidence to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Organisation/time management – track record of delivering results within timescales to a high standard.
- Strong IT skills.
- Lending to the charity or social enterprise sector
- Building risk scorecards
Social Investment Business provides finance to create fairer communities and improve people’s lives. We do this by providing the money and support they need directly, partnering to support them effectively and, using our knowledge to inform our own work and influence others.
Since 2004, SIB has deployed and managed over £400m of loans and grants into over 2,000 organisations and enabled almost 1,000 more to get dedicated support through programmes.
Social Investment Business is a values-led organisation and as such we expect all colleagues to live by the values which underpin what we do and how we do it.
Our values are:
- Put People First
- Be Curious
- Be Bold
- Be Collaborative
- Be Accountable
In addition to salary, SIB offer a generous rewards package which includes:
- Annual leave of 25 days per year plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Group life assurance – Death in service scheme which pays three times annual salary
- Employee assistance programme – confidential counselling and information services
- Perkbox – free access to over 200 exclusive perks
- Wellbeing benefit
- Access to training, personal and professional development
- Cycle scheme
- Volunteering and visits – the opportunity to volunteer at or visit one of the many charities and social enterprises we support.
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits
- Flexible working
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
The talent we are looking for does not discriminate and we believe in being inclusive and giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, sex, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, race, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background.
Closing date: 4th January, 2021