- Job Title: Event Officer
- Salary: £31,000 - £31,000 per annum
- Contract: Permanent
Power To Change, Event Officer, Ad
Event Officer, based in London, Sheffield or Bristol
Permanent? Full Time
Salary: Circa £31,000 depending on experience
Reports to: Head of Communications
Are you an experienced event officer with a passion for participation and strong organisation and presentation skills?
Power to Change is the independent charitable trust that supports and develops community businesses in England, with an endowment from Big Lottery Fund. They want to support people to take action to address local challenges, enabling them to control vital services that might otherwise disappear.
The Trust is looking for an experienced event officer to start work immediately in their communications department full time. You’ll be mainly based in one of their offices – London, Sheffield or Bristol – supporting the team to develop memorable presentations, eye-grabbing event collateral, and be coordinating everything from webinars to award ceremonies, community business visits to conferences, and supporting the yearly national Community Business Weekend open-doors campaign all over England.
You will be working closely with other like-minded passionate professionals in this organisation to build the profile of a movement that will change the face of the country. Part of a dynamic team, you will be supporting the whole of Power to Change to deliver impactful events.
To plan, coordinate and deliver impactful events on behalf of Power to Change and provide event support to the Power to Change team and key community business leaders.
- Conceptualise event collateral e.g leaflets, pop-up banners, stickers and ensure existing collateral is fit-for-purpose
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to promote events and drive registrations
- Build strong relationships with event partners, before, during and after events
- Brief and coordinate filmmakers and photographers
- Coordinate event logistics e.g. travel, accommodation, etc. for Power to Change staff and the Community Business Panel
- Organise name badges and manage registrations
- Provide the team with the collateral, presentation support and briefing they need to speak at events
- Represent Power to Change at events in a professional manner in line
- with their values and key messages
- Live tweet and use Insta Stories at events on behalf of Power to Change
- Set up and facilitate webinars
- Manage event budget and timeline
- Liaise with partners, venues, couriers etc. to set up and breakdown
- Monitor andevaluate event impact
Essential skills & Experience
- Strong organisational, planning and project management skills ?
- Advanced computer skills (Powerpoint / Word / Outlook / Excel) ?
- Ability to prioritise effectively and multi-task ?
- Creative with a good eye for detail ?
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to high standard of accuracy within tight deadlines ?
- Experience of organising events and briefing speakers ?
- Presentable and personable with excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work well as part of a team?
- An event management or facilitation qualification ?
- Experience of managing event budget ?
- Proficient in InDesign ?
- Experience of live tweeting and Insta Stories ?
Power To Change is an equal opportunities employer, Disability Confident and a Mindful Employer and welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
Colleagues are expected to:
- Positively support equality and diversity both within Power to Change and externally ?
- Help maintain a safe working environment and take responsibility for own and colleagues' health and safety ?
Undertake such other duties to support the team as may be requested