This role works closely with our Communications Manager to amplify our key messages and expand our reach by creating engaging content, running digital campaigns, managing communication channels, and evaluating performance to ensure effective audience targeting. This role also fosters a culture of effective internal communication, supporting the implementation of strategies that engage and inform employees and promoting a culture of continuous learning.
At Power to Change, we have been backing community businesses to become more resilient and financially sustainable to have greater impact on their communities in the long term. We know the transformative effect that enterprising communities can have in their local areas. Since 2015, we’ve been backing, catalysing and growing community business in England. It’s grown to become an incredible movement of over 11,000 organisations, led by enterprising people, all trading for the benefit of their local area.
We use our experience to bring partners together to fund, grow and back community business to make places thrive. We are curious and rigorous; we do, test and learn. And we are here to support community business, whatever the challenge. You will be working closely with other like-minded passionate professionals in our organisation to amplify the efforts of community businesses and put them at the heart of a fair economy.
We apply our values to everything we do:
- We are open: We will seek partners and allies beyond the community business sector to better help the community business model go mainstream, and will be open about our learnings as we test and discover new approaches to community-led resilient places.
- We are bold: Our plans are ambitious, and we will continue to enter markets where we see community businesses could thrive, and boldly speak to decision makers alongside community businesses.
- We are informed: We will continue to work closely with community businesses and be informed by their lived experience and needs. We will approach new challenges with fresh eyes and take an evidence-led approach before rolling out solutions.
- We are collaborative: We will continue to work with existing partners and new ones, drawing on each other’s skills to achieve what we couldn’t do alone.
- We are authentic: We will integrate the priorities that we have for community businesses into our own practice. We will aim to advance dignity, justice and belonging in our own organisation, become climate positive, actively embrace digital transformation, and continuously build our own capacities in many areas.