- Job Title: Technology Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract: Permanent
Job Title: Technology Project Manager
Location: London E1 (currently remote)
Reporting to: Technology Strategy and Innovations Lead
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 (depending on experience)
Date closes: TBC
This is an excellent opportunity for a brilliant Technology Project Manager to join a dynamic team, working for a purposeful organisation, on cutting edge projects. Founded to increase the financial wellbeing of people in vulnerable circumstances our Client works diligently to increase access to fair, affordable and appropriate financial products and services. This role will provide the successful applicant with deep insights into the social impact sector and an outstanding opportunity to grow with the organisation, bringing creative solutions to the affordable credit market through technology.
Ideal candidates will have strong analytical skills and experience in designing or developing technology and know what it takes to successfully deliver technology transformation in a business environment. You may be emerging from a technical role in an innovative company, such as a software development house or perhaps a fintech operating at grass roots level. You will also have a passion for creating positive impact and improving people’s lives.
Our Client is supporting the development of organisations serving vulnerable customers, through financial investments, development of tools and frameworks, and by providing advisory services to individual organisations. One way they can enable the affordable credit sector to progress is by helping organisations to navigate some of the technology challenges and opportunities they face. They have recently conducted a survey of technology usage across the sector and published a Market Report which they are using to help shape their strategy (please request a link for this Report).
The Technology Project Manager role will involve continuous assessment of the technology landscape, technology developments and innovations including the role of fintechs in the industry. You will lead on the development of some of the tools for the sector, which may comprise webinars, guides and/or templates.
The role will involve leadership in two principal areas:
- Operational excellence and capability: to optimise sustainable IT operating models for providers serving the customer
- Markets, consumer insights and product design: enable well designed solutions for new initiatives that impact on the wellbeing of the people and communities being served.
Centre of expertise (65%)
- Contributing to the overall strategy for supporting technology in the sector
- Leading the delivery of specific modules of the technology toolkit
- Develop some of the tools within the toolkit modules (generally guides or templates)
- Partnering with organisations as part of the toolkit development and delivery
- Providing advice and support to the businesses operating in the sector – suppliers of technology and community finance organisations
Investment due diligence (15% )
- Supporting the Technology Strategy and Innovations Lead in performing technology due diligence on organisations in which they are evaluating investment
- Contributing to the ongoing performance assessment of technology investments
Technology interventions (10% )
- Providing specific consulting support to organisations requiring independent review of their technology choices or activities
- Writing reports summarising the output from the organisation’s intervention and recommendations
Team Support (10%)
- Supporting the team with regular feedback, check-ins, and developmental objectives
- Contributing to a healthy and positive team culture, through role modelling in line with their commitments
- Contributing positively to the organisation's aims of diversity and inclusion
- Looking after the health, safety and welfare of yourself and all around you
- Taking on other reasonable duties as appropriate, in line with your skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
Skills and Experience:
Essential experience and capabilities
To be successful you will need to:
- have experience related to practical application of business technology solutions, ideally as a consultant, designer or developer of business software
- evidence an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to develop innovative solutions
- have a good understanding (practical or academic) of open architectures and use of APIs to deliver flexible business solutions
- have a good understanding of, and passion for, technology evolution and innovation
- be an excellent project manager delivering consistently high quality outcomes within a specified timeframe
- evidence strong oral and written communications skills and ability to articulate complex messages using both PowerPoint and Word as communications tools
- share the passion for the organisation’s mission to increase the financial resilience of people in vulnerable circumstances
- be comfortable challenging the status quo and energised by designing solutions
- be able to deal with complexity and uncertainty and work under your own initiative
- be keen to adopt innovative and creative approaches to problem solving with multiple stakeholders
- be great at listening to people who you will be working alongside or providing consulting services to
- enjoy innovative and experimental ways of team working
- seek continued learning and development, and enjoy developing others
- be a brilliant team player – take the initiative to support colleagues and suggest solutions
- be great at building relationships at all levels
Fair4All Finance has been founded to increase the financial wellbeing of people in vulnerable circumstances by increasing access to fair, affordable and appropriate financial products and services.
Fair4All Finance was established in 2019, in response to the government’s commitment to allocate dormant assets money to financial inclusion initiatives.
Our vision is of a society where the long-term financial wellbeing of all people is supported by a fair and accessible financial sector.
Our mission is to increase the financial resilience of people in vulnerable circumstances by providing access to fair, affordable and appropriate financial products and services.
Our first focus area is improving access to affordable credit. Our aim is to build capacity in the affordable credit sector with a combination of financial support, capability development and ecosystem development programmes. We are committed to pursuing other innovations that meet the needs of people in vulnerable circumstances and will in the future be launching programmes on insurance and savings.
Closes to applicants: Thu 1 Jan 1970
Long List to be sent to client: Thu 1 Jan 1970
Short List selected: Thu 1 Jan 1970
Interviews begin: Thu 1 Jan 1970
Where a Cover Letter is requested this should align your skill sets with the criteria laid out in this Job Description, as well as underline your motivation for wanting to join the organisation.