Location: Remote working with some travel
Reporting to: Director of Careers4Change
Contract: Permanent, Full-time (open to part time options)
Date closes:Wednesday 13th December at 5pm
Do you believe that talent has a crucial role to play in social innovation and are you passionate about using your finance/investment skills to drive social change? Are you keen to work for a company that shares your values and vision?
Look no further than Careers4Change! We are a specialist recruitment consultancy connecting purpose-driven individuals with social impact and impact finance organisations across the UK. Our Vision is a marketplace where all organisations, public, private and third sector, build diverse teams with shared values, and work together to escalate the deployment of capital as a catalyst for social and environmental transformation. We are searching for an enthusiastic and driven Talent Consultant – Business Development, Impact Finance to join our growing team.
This is an exciting opportunity to support our ambitions to identify the right talented professionals for organisations which truly transform lives through innovative finance (grants and impact investment). Demand for our recruitment services is growing as social investors and organisations engaging in impact finance scale their teams. The commercial sector is also increasingly turning to impact investing as a real business opportunity offering investable solutions to addressing today’s global challenges.
We are eager to hire a new team member who will bring energy and innovation to our impact-first organisation through driving full-service recruitment processes, seeking out new business opportunities and advocating for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and fair recruitment practices. With your excellent communication skills, you will help to strengthen our reputation as the leading recruiter for the social impact investment ecosystem.
This role is a 50/50 blend of business development and recruitment, managing full-cycle recruitment processes as well as cultivating and enhancing an engaged network of relevant clients across the social impact investing ecosystem.
- Oversee and lead the 360-recruitment process for designated impact finance roles, from initial client briefing to candidate sourcing, screening, interviewing, to the final job offer.
- Deliver a seamless hiring process with optimum results to People and Talent Managers as well as Line Managers as required.
- Assist with the scoping of job descriptions.
- Use our rigorous sourcing techniques to build effective candidate pipelines that identify and engage both active and passive candidates from diverse backgrounds. You will work with our C4C specialists using social media, jobs boards, search techniques, referrals, and communicate with the wider C4C network.
- Develop strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders in the social impact space.
Business development responsibilities:
- Identify new market sectors to target g. family offices, impact investment funds, investment banks, trusts, foundations.
- Arrange meetings with new prospects.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting client relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Seek opportunities to develop the C4C brand and grow our client base.
- Communicate with candidates in a professional and thoughtful manner, organise pre-interviews to ensure thorough assessment of skillsets and social motivation before client introductions.
- Build pools of top candidates for current and future vacancies, becoming an expert in talent management for the impact finance space.
- Be responsible for ensuring a positive and fair experience for all candidate
- Keep candidates informed of their progress throughout the recruitment process.
- Manage candidate information using our CRM/ATS system and ensure that our system is continually updated.
- Collaborate with the recruiting team, including the Director of C4C, associates and consultants working across the business and contribute to process and systems optimisation where it is evident that they could make a difference to the business.
- Research and implement new techniques to identify leading talent.
Skills and Experience
- 3 years+ in a business development, sales or client facing or consulting role.
- Proven business development expertise with a track record of winning new business.
- Working in the finance, investment, impact investing or impact finance space
- Some exposure to talent acquisition/recruitment processes and interested in people
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a confident communicator.
- An advocate of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and fair recruitment practices.
- Understanding of impact investment, social investment, not-for-profit, social enterprise, or charity sectors.
- Experience in recruiting across multiple disciplines.
- Potential to identify and implement creative solutions for talent acquisition.
- Familiar with GDPR and competent in dealing with contracts and managing data.
Skills & Attributes
- A strong sense of social motivation and passion for positive social change
- Adaptable and willing to learn new systems/platforms eg RecruitCRM
- A willingness to solve problems and work proactively with minimal supervision
- Takes an active role in adding value and bringing ideas to the team
- Demonstrable experience of helping others with problem solving and advice.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ambitious and self-motivated