Location: Remote working with some travel to team meetings in London and clients
Reporting to: Director of Careers4Change
Contract: Permanent, full time
Date closes:Friday 24th March 2023 at 10am
Are you passionate about social change and believe that talent has a crucial role to play in social innovation?
Are you keen to work for a company that shares your values and vision?
Look no further than Careers4Change! We are a specialist recruitment consultancy connecting purpose-driven individuals with social impact and impact investment organisations across the UK. We are searching for an enthusiastic and driven Specialist Recruiter – Social Impact to join our growing team.
This is an exciting opportunity to support our ambitions to identify the right talented professionals for organisations which truly transform lives through innovative finance (grants and impact investment). Demand for our recruitment services is growing as social investors and social impact organisations scale their teams. The commercial sector is also increasingly turning to impact investing as a real business opportunity offering investable solutions to addressing today’s global challenges.
We are eager to hire a new team member who will bring energy and innovation to our impact-first organisation through driving full-service recruitment processes, seeking out new business opportunities and advocating for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and fair recruitment practices. With your excellent communication skills, you will help to strengthen our reputation as the leading recruiter for the social impact/investment sector.
- Oversee and lead the 360-recruitment process for designated social impact and impact finance roles, from initial client briefing to candidate sourcing, screening, interviewing, to the final job offer.
- Deliver a seamless hiring process with optimum results to People and Talent Managers as well as Line Managers as required.
- Assist with the scoping of job descriptions.
- Use our rigorous sourcing techniques to build effective candidate pipelines that identify and engage both active and passive candidates from diverse backgrounds. You will work with our C4C specialists using social media, jobs boards, search techniques, referrals, and communicate with the wider C4C network.
- Develop strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders in the social impact space.
- Communicate with candidates in a professional and thoughtful manner, organise pre-interviews to ensure thorough assessment of skillsets and social motivation before client introductions.
- Build pools of top candidates for current and future vacancies, becoming an expert in talent management for the social impact market.
- Be responsible for ensuring a positive and fair experience for all candidates.
- Keep candidates informed of their progress throughout the recruitment process.
- Manage candidate information using our CRM/ATS system and ensure that our system is continually updated.
- Collaborate with the recruiting team, including the Director of C4C, associates and consultants working across the business.
- Research and implement new techniques to identify leading talent.
- Seek opportunities to develop the C4C brand and grow our client base.
- Keep on top of talent acquisition analytics tools to assess the impact and effectiveness of our recruitment strategies.
Skills and Experience
- 3 years+ in a business development or client facing or consulting role.
- Experience of successfully managing talent acquisition/recruitment processes in either the social or commercial sector.
- Advanced interviewing skills with proficiency in screening for competencies and values, as well as assessing social motivation.
- Understanding of, and interest in, the impact investment, social investment, not-for-profit, social enterprise, or charity sectors.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a confident communicator.
- An advocate of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and fair recruitment practices.
- Proficient with CRM/ATS platforms (especially Recruit CRM).
- Desirable Experience:
- Experience in recruiting across multiple disciplines.
- Potential to identify and implement creative solutions for talent acquisition.
- Familiar with GDPR and competent in dealing with contracts and managing data.
Skills & Attributes
- A strong sense of social motivation and passion for positive social change
- A willingness to solve problems and work proactively with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexible, adaptable, with a willingness to learn new skills
- Ambitious and self-motivated