Location: London EC4A (hybrid office and homeworking)
Reporting to: Business Support Manager
Contract: Permanent, Full-time (open to flexible working options)
Salary: £30,500-£34,500 (depending on experience)
Date closes:Friday, 6th May 2022, 9am
As the UK’s leading social impact investor, our role is uniting capital, expertise and ideas to create better lives. Working with expert partners, we seek to understand people’s needs first. Then, using our knowledge and capital, we collaborate and invest with fund managers who also want to create a better, sustainable future. They, and the social enterprises and charities they invest in, create the impact.
Our role is to bring the most relevant experts from our network to the table, generating ideas and connecting capital to where it’s most needed.
We want to give more people and communities the chance to have an impact on the issues they care about – from housing and access to affordable financial products and services, to health and wellbeing, and community resilience. In this way, we create opportunities for investors and enterprises to generate systemic social change, not just for today but for generations to come.
As a member of the team, you have an opportunity to shape our work and the impact we can have to improve people’s lives across the UK through social investment.
We are looking for a talented Investment Support Officer to provide diary management, investment committee assistance and admin support within the organisation’s Investment Group. Working closely with the group’s three Executive Committee members this role is key to making the best use of their time in ensuring diaries operate smoothly, acting as gatekeeper and anticipating problems before they arise, in addition to supporting the wider group with ad-hoc admin support. This is a varied role that requires a logical and thoughtful approach to ensure tasks are completed with rigour and purpose in a timely and professional manner.
You will have the opportunity to work across a varied internal and external stakeholder group, getting involved on projects, planning team away days and other distinct group events. We celebrate innovation and this role would suit someone who is client-centric and excited by making systems work well, suggesting recommendations for adaptation and improvement.
Administrative and Team Support
- Diary iary management for Executive Committee members – organising and scheduling meetings and appointments with internal and external stakeholders; co-ordinating diaries within and outside the team
- Providing investment committee support through meeting scheduling and collation/dissemination of papers
- Creating and maintaining accurate and efficient administrative processes within the team
- Providing support to ensure in-person and hybrid meetings run effectively
- Collating and providing supporting information and documents in a timely manner, formatting within company brand guidelines
- Taking meeting minutes and support to the team on action follow-up
- Travel organisation and co-ordination of team training and external facing activities
- Providing ad-hoc team admin support
- Managing incoming enquiries via email and telephone, responding or routing to colleagues appropriately
- Providing admin support for events in collaboration with Business Support Manager
- Supporting Investment Group’s relationship management using Salesforce CRM database
- Supporting the team’s recruitment and induction process for new joiners and coordinating onboarding meetings
- Taking part in Champion roles for defined periods (for example Privacy Champion, Risk Champion etc) – these play a critical role in implementing effective working practices across the organisation
- Working closely with the wider team of support officers and administrators across BSC, sharing best practice and provide support and cover when needed
We are a lean and nimble organisation, and the appointed Investment Support Officer is encouraged to build a role for themselves and collaborate to help shape our team and approach.
Skills and Experience
- A strong background in Administration support roles with diary management
- Experience in supporting committees, collating papers and liaising with committee stakeholders
- Experience of working in a varied role with conflicting workload and priorities
- Working as part of a team, building relationships with key stakeholders and providing support
- Confident using MS Office programmes
- Confident using meeting tech equipment and learning new systems
- Experience of working within the financial services, charity or social enterprise sector
- Experience of Diligent Boards
- Experience of Salesforce CRM
Skills and Abilities
- Passion for our mission to improve lives in the UK through social investment
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- Proactive and creative in your approach to work
- Prioritise effectively and take ownership of tasks
- Works logically and thoughtfully when dealing with change
- Thrives in a varied role, hunger to learn and develop
- Flexible and willing to take on additional tasks to support the team
- Works with integrity and discretion
- Relationship management – excellent interpersonal skills, honest and responsive, and can build relationships at all levels across the business