Location: Flexible with Hybrid Working
Reporting to: CEO
Contract: 6 months Fixed Term Contract (or consultancy options available)
Salary: c. £40,000
Date closes:Thursday, 22nd December at 5pm
Fair for You CIC are recruiting for an Investment Manager to join the team on a 6 month, fixed term contract with a main purpose to;
- aid Fair for You in seeking commercial investment to support its ambitious growth plans to 2025.
- aid Fair for You in seeking grant funding to support specific business projects.
- aid Fair Credit Charity in seeking grant funding to support its strategy and ambition to 2025.
The role requires regular interaction with external Investment or Fund Managers (10+) who have invested in Fair for You to date as well as prospective Investment or Fund Managers as part of Fair for You’s ambition to seek new commercial investment. Internally the role requires interaction with a variety of teams across Fair for You including Risk & Compliance, Finance, Lending, Customer Experience.
Fair For You CIC is an ethical lender, helping financially-excluded households to buy essential items and build financial resilience. They are backed by leading social investors such as Esmee Fairbairn, the Joseph Rowntree Foundation and Fair4All Finance.
Fair for You is the trading name of Fair for You CIC and it is owned by the Fair Credit Charity.
- Engage in regular research and reading about key developments in the UK economy, financial markets and the consumer credit sector that will impact Fair for You’s ability to obtain future investment.
- Develop relationships with potential investors and expand the leads network in professional settings to seek out new investment opportunities for Fair for You.
- Manage due diligence projects, utilising the knowledge of internal Fair for You teams to respond to potential Investment Manager queries satisfactorily.
- Where required, work with existing investors to ensure their buy in and support for potential new investment.
- Manage external legal support to assist with the drafting and signing of relevant paperwork to close investment deals.
- Research potential grant opportunities and submit applications for both Fair for You and Fair Credit Charity to support projects and growth ambitions.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of a team
- Strong organisation skills to manage multiple leads and due diligence projects
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Understanding of financial reporting and accounts
- Knowledge and understanding of due diligence projects