Reporting to: Director of Investments
Date closes:3rd January, 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to play an important part in leading the portfolio management of Social Investment Business’s existing circa £50m loan book to charities and social enterprises, reporting in to the Director of Investments. Crucial to the role is the credit and risk approvals expertise required to oversee the assessment and sanctioning of new lending.
We are looking for someone who has substantial experience of working within a lending environment and who has worked in a credit and risk approvals function or held their own delegated approval authorities. Knowledge of the charity and social enterprise sectors would be desirable or a passion to apply your technical credit risk skills to the sector.
- To track and monitor the performance of the loan book and frequently review portfolio risk tier allocations
- To collect and analyse historical loan book data to develop/maintain risk score cards
- To own credit risk/lending policies and ensure they are adhered to
- To write and present portfolio overviews to Investment Committees/Audit and Finance Committees
- To approve amendments to or release of security and variations to existing facilities
- To review, help shape and support loan recommendations going to Investment Committees or approve new loans within delegated discretion
- To sign off facility letters, security and draw downs for new loans
- To oversee early identification of loans giving cause for concern, and work closely with the Support and Recovery team to address issues, including the transfer of relationships to them when appropriate.
- To line manage a team of Relationship Managers and challenge/support them on analysis or approach to individual loan cases
- To influence key external partners and internal stakeholders
- To work within the organisation’s processes and procedures required to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Contribute to the knowledge management, equality, diversity and inclusion, and learning priorities in SIB’s strategy and support the implementation and delivery of the strategy.
- Undertake other tasks that support SIB’s objectives as required.
- To work in accordance with our five core values.
Skills and Experience
- Credit and Risk – significant experience of working within a credit and risk approvals function or holding delegated lending authorities.
- Types of lending – experience of analysing and approving both secured and unsecured lending to businesses across a broad range of industries
- Portfolio management – familiarity with overseeing and managing a loan portfolio
- Commercial awareness and numeracy skills – ability to talk to businesses, understand the strength of their business models, and how this is reflected in their financial numbers. Strong attention to detail – able to review detailed information and pick out key details.
- Problem solving – can spot problems and assess why they occur. Adaptability and flexibility to changing needs and ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Communication – strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the confidence to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Organisation/time management – track record of delivering results within timescales to a high standard.
- Strong IT skills.
- Lending to the charity or social enterprise sector
- Building risk scorecards