Location: Dalston, London E8, open to remote working
Reporting to: CFO
Contract: Full time or part time (3 or 4 days preferred)
Salary: £40K-£45K pro rata
This is an excellent opportunity to play a high profile and important role in the business of Fair Finance. The Compliance Manager will be responsible for day to day aspects of all the business’ compliance activities as Fair Finance is regulated by the FCA. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will work closely with the CEO, COO and lending and advice teams, and will also work directly with members of the Board as part of the annual compliance planning process. You will be acting as an independent and objective function providing risk and regulatory compliance reviews.
Fair Finance is an award-winning social business tackling financial exclusion in the UK. We compete directly with usurious and predatory lenders by offering affordable personal loans, as well as giving people money advice to help them manage their finances sustainably. We also campaign for change and are recognised as one of the highest impact community finance organisations in the UK.
Over the last 10 years we have helped over 50,000 people access better, fairer and more affordable finance and saved nearly 8,000 people from eviction with timely debt advice. In that time Fair Finance has grown from one office in East London to a national leader delivering our services through branches in London and remotely, online and on the phone, across the country.
In this role you will:
- Understand and interpret FCA regulatory requirements to provide clear assessments and advice
- Help assess the risks to customers and the business to inform our risk-based approach
- Lead on the design and implementation of relevant monitoring and reporting to control risks
- Review and assess processes continually to enhance our controls
- Assist in preparing and maintaining relevant policies and procedures
- Lead our complaints management process, working internally to investigate complaints to conclude on the appropriate outcome
- Plan and deliver staff training
- Coordinate all reporting and disclosures to the FCA
- Ensure the new Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR) is applied consistently and embedded across all processes and procedures
- Carry out regular reporting internally to the Board and Exco and ensure that monthly and quarterly reporting is maintained and presented at a high-level as required.
- Manage staff as required to ensure that all required audits are produced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Complete root cause analysis to review any trends in audit results and internal complaints to ensure these are rectified and managed effectively.
- Line manage the Compliance Officer.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will be committed to Fair Finance’s mission and excited by the challenge of revolutionising financial services to ensure everyone has a fair chance. You will be the kind of person who wants to work and build a career in a social business and in a company with social purpose.
People who are successful at Fair Finance demonstrate a desire to take responsibility, have strong integrity and diligence in their work. They also thrive in complex and fast moving businesses.
You will have:
- A passion for Fair Finance’s vision and mission of serving excluded communities
- Experience of working in a compliance role at an FCA regulated firm
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- A calm and professional approach, capable of dealing with senior management and board members
- A self- starter attitude and are prepared to work in an innovative manner to get things done
- A willingness to ask questions and learn quickly on the job
- An attention to detail and a process orientated mind
- The ability to understand the purpose of a control, not just its exact wording
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com