Location: Flexible, accessible to London, Bristol, Sheffield
Reporting to: Communications Manager
Contract: Permanent (35 hours/week, would consider 28 hours)
Salary: £31,645 ( £35,145 for London residents)
Date closes:10am on Tuesday, 29th June, 2021
The Communications Officer reports into the Communications Manager and delivers high quality communications including digital marketing, media relations, PR, corporate communications, and collateral to support the delivery of different workstreams and campaigns.
Power to Change is an independent charitable trust that supports community businesses in England, endowed by the National Lottery Community Fund (previously the Big Lottery Fund). Our vision is ‘powerful communities, better places’. We want to back people to build successful community businesses for the benefit of their local places.
- Support on delivering the communications and engagement strategy.
- Keep brand documents and guidelines updated.
- Support on integrated communications campaigns, particularly with media relations, content production, marketing, and evaluation.
- Coordinate corporate document production (e.g., annual report, award submissions).
- Support stakeholder management including facilitating peer networks, event coordination, tracking stakeholder engagement, presentations.
- Source, capture and disseminate inspirational case studies for use in all communications.
- Content production (blogs, case studies, videos, social posts).
- Lead on event coordination and support event sponsorship where appropriate.
- Coordinate relevant materials for bid submissions.
- Keep track of community business leaders used in media.
- Keep systems up to date, including website and domain names, etc.
- Support programme marketing.
- Disseminate our impact and evidence.
- Support internal communications to ensure all staff are fully engaged and coordinate internal comms campaigns and channels.
- Ensure relevant data is maintained on Salesforce, working with the Data team in Finance & Resources.
- Embed and continue to review diversity, equity, and inclusion into communications practice.
- Monitor and evaluate campaigns.
- Work with the Finance & Resources team to ensure that the processes and systems to reach and manage our stakeholders are efficient and fit for purpose.
- Work with the Impact & Learning team to ensure that our communications and stakeholder engagements are impact led and highlight our learning.
- Work with the Policy & Communications team to ensure our communications and campaigns are informed by our key policy areas.
- Work with the Strategy & Delivery team to market programmes effectively to target audiences and ensure consistency of brand and messaging through delivery partners.
- Support high quality reporting and effective communications on your responsibilities across Power to Change.
- Be an active and engaged colleague, taking part in support, and learning activities.
- Providing ad hoc administration and support to the Communications team.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to other team members as required.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to write to a high standard and to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Experience working on policy-led or social action campaigns is desirable.
- Excellent time management and ability to work on multiple projects effectively.
- Proficient at building and maintaining good working relationships internally and externally.
- Good levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willing to work flexibly and fluidly.
- Analytical in approach, able to quickly gain an understanding of complex work with confidence to ask for help.
- Good understanding of the social enterprise and/or community business sectors.
- Experience delivering public-affairs focused communications is desirable.
- Competent or willing to learn IT systems such as Customer Relationship Management system e.g., Salesforce, Content Management System e.g., WordPress, design tools e.g., Canva or InDesign, project management tools e.g. Asana and Trello, MS Office and media monitoring systems.